This programme will focus on the evaluation and treatment of primary tumours of the heart. Topics will cover imaging modalities used in diagnosis, surgical options and operations, chemotherapeutic treatments and options and pathological considerations of sarcomas of the heart.
By the end of the conference, the participant will be able to:
* Interpret the workup of a patient with a primary tumour of the heart
* Describe the characteristics that determine inoperability of the cardiac lesion and know the surgical options for resection
* Know which imaging modalities are best for determination of operability and the shortcoming of one modality over another
* Describe the role of neo-adjuvent therapy and new therapies for primary cardiac sarcoma
* Identify the limitations of pathological examination
Further details to follow shortly!