The following list showcases the work of ACRA members who have recently contributed to the authorship of journal publications or guidelines in the field of cardiology, cardiovascular health, secondary prevention or cardiac rehabilitation.
This page aims to demonstrate the wonderful work our members are doing, facilitate clinical and research connections with these authors, and promote this body of work on a national and international level.
Want your publications included in this list?
If you are an ACRA member with publications you would like included on this page please email the citations to our research and education committee
- Abell B, Zecchin R, Gallagher R. Making Sense of the Unfavourable Systematic Review of Exercise-Based Cardiac Rehabilitation in the Modern Era: How Should We Proceed?. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 2019 Feb 1;28(2):204-6.
- Hamilton S, Mills B, McRae S, Thompson S. Evidence to service gap: cardiac rehabilitation and secondary prevention in rural and remote Western Australia. BMC Health Services Research. 2018 Dec;18(1):64.
- Hamilton SJ, Mills B, Birch EM, Thompson SC. Smartphones in the secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease: a systematic review. BMC Cardiovascular Disorders. 2018 Dec;18(1):25.
- Rao A, DiGiacomo M, Newton PJ, Phillips JL, Hickman LD. Meditation and Secondary Prevention of Depression and Anxiety in Heart Disease: a Systematic Review. Mindfulness. 2018 Apr 13:1-4.
- Rao A, Newton PJ, DiGiacomo M, Hickman LD, Hwang C, Davidson PM. Optimal Gender-Specific Strategies for the Secondary Prevention of Heart Disease in Women: A systematic review. Journal of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation and Prevention. 2018 Sep 1;38(5):279-85.
- Abell B, Glasziou P, Hoffmann T. Exploration of the methodological quality and clinical usefulness of a cross-sectional sample of published guidance about exercise training and physical activity for the secondary prevention of coronary heart disease. BMC Cardiovascular Disorders. 2017 Dec;17(1):153.
- Jackson AC, Le Grande MR, Higgins RO, Rogerson M, Murphy BM. Psychosocial screening and assessment practice within cardiac rehabilitation: a survey of cardiac rehabilitation coordinators in Australia. Heart, Lung and Circulation. 2017 Jan 1;26(1):64-72.
- Abell B, Glasziou P, Briffa T, Hoffmann T. Exercise training characteristics in cardiac rehabilitation programmes: a cross-sectional survey of Australian practice. Open Heart. 2016 Feb 1;3(1):e000374.
- Abell B, Glasziou P, Hoffmann T. Reporting and replicating trials of exercise-based cardiac rehabilitation: do we know what the researchers actually did?. Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes. 2015 Mar;8(2):187-94.