ACRA is proud to announce SOLVE-CHD as a Silver Sponsor for the 2022 Annual Scientific Meeting. SOLVE-CHD is a 5 year grant aimed at solving the long-standing evidence-practice gap associated with cardiac rehabilitation and secondary prevention of coronary heart disease. SOLVE-CHD is made up of a multidisciplinary research team of researchers and clinicians with allied health, nursing, cardiology, public health, health economics and psychology backgrounds.
As part of their sponsorship SOLVE-CHD awarded 12 full scholarships for ACRA members and students to attend the 2022 annual ASM on the Gold Coast. The purpose of this award is to enable outstanding candidates to further their career development and build professional networks, by providing the opportunity to attend this premier Australian conference for health professionals interested in cardiovascular health, secondary prevention, cardiac rehabilitation, heart failure, and chronic disease management.
Thank you to everyone who applied for their time and effort in submitting your application, the pool was large and unfortunately, they were unable to fund all applicants at this time.
All the awardees will be presented with a certificate on Wednesday 10th August at the ACRA ASM Award Ceremony. A huge congratulations to the following SOLVE-CHD national network members who were successful applicants:
- Dion Canderlaria, PhD Candidate, University of Sydney, Conference Student Registration and Dinner
- Gemma Wilson, Clinical Research Coordinator, University of Adelaide, Full Conference Registration
- Hannah Mayr, Research Dietitian, Metro South Hospital and Health Service, Full Conference Registration
- Katrien Janssen, Transition Care Programme Physiotherapist, St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne, Full Conference Registration
- Ling Zhang, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Sydney, Full Conference Registration
- Lisa Chen, Nurse Lecturer and Researcher, University of the Sunshine Coast, Full Conference Registration
- Minke Hoekstra, Health Services Lead, Diabetes Tasmania, Full Conference Registration
- Phoebe Pogorzelski, Clinical Nurse Coordinator Cardiac Rehabilitation Program, QLD Health; Rural Community, Full Conference Registration
- Sarah Gauci, Associate Research Fellow, Deakin University, Full Conference Registration
- Sherrie Chung, Honours Research Support, University of Sydney, Full Conference Registration
- Vicki Paul, Cardiac Rehabilitation Clinical Nurse Consultant, Nepean Hospital, Full Conference Registration
- Victor Gallegos-Rejas, PhD Candidate, The University of Queensland, Conference Student Registration and Dinner